How to listen
Listen on Shortwave
Radio Free Sarawak is broadcast Monday-Saturday on shortwave frequency 15420 kHz between 7-8.30pm local time. The show may vary in quality depending on weather conditions. You can purchase shortwave radios at most good electronic shops – make sure that the radio is shortwave compatible. You may also be able to listen on some newer sound systems. If you experience problems tuning in or are unable listen at all please let us know either by emailing us on [email protected] or by calling us on 082-237191.
You can listen to the show online in a multitude of ways:
- Website: On radiofreesarawak.org you can listen to the show. They are posted daily between 4-7pm. If the audio player doesn’t work you probably don’t have Adobe Flash installed. Go to Adobe’s website to install the Flash player. It’s free.
- Download: Download the show as an MP3 file – the link can be found next to each show. One episode is around 110 megabytes in size and may take some time to download depending on your internet connection.
- iTunes: Subscribe on iTunes using this link. You must have iTunes installed. You can download iTunes for free here.
- RSS: Subscribe via our RSS feed using a RSS reader. RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication and allows you to automatically receive notifications when new shows come available. Recommended RSS programs are Google Reader (Browser based), Reeder (MAC) and Newz Crawler (Windows).
- On your mobile: You can listen to the show on your mobilephone. With Apple iPhone you can subscribe with iTunes and on Android devices you can install gReader, which is free download from the Android Market.
- Social media: Like us on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter to receive instant notifications when new shows are posted online.